Welcome to Screamin' Oaks Farm

Welcome to Screamin' Oaks Farm
Recycling of our Feed Sacks

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Picture Day with the Goats

I had this big idea to round up a few of our goats and take some Christmas shots.  So I shopped around, found some red and green collars, jingle bells and began assembling them for the girls to wear.  I called up a photographer friend who brought his son over to assist in handling them while he snapped the pics.  Grandson Kennan came over and the fun began.  He chose Jenny because she's gentle and he can handle her.  I chose three of our yearling kids, Bitzy, Bella and Brinley.  Right off the bat, Bitsy, Bella and Brinley  began acting up.  I suspect it was because they haven't ever been out of their lot, much less to the East 40.  So they began pulling, tugging, tasting the decorations, and trying to bite each other's bells off of their collars.  Calm ole Jenny had enough of the kids messing around so she reached over and bit Bitsy on the hind quarters which sent her straight up in the air, which caused Bella and Brinley to break free of my grasp and run for their lives.  And Kennan?  He's laughing so hard his stomach is hurting.  Jenny looks at me with a questionable expression....like....What?  I'm just helping out.  Yeah right!!



So the photographer decides we should move to a different location which we proceed to do.  I take ahold of Jenny and Bitsy and head to the new location all the while thinking that Grant has the two kids that we attached to the arbor and is following me to the new location.  I hear a clatter and look around to see the two kids still attached to the arbor only now it is being dragged by the kids across the yard following us.    So much for the Christmas decor.  Gone.  Anyway....next time I get an idea.....I think I'll pass.
Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment